Hair trimmers have become common in recent days since they are more efficient as compared to traditional razors and scissors. They are fast and will provide a close shave within minutes. Most of them come with very advanced features to give you the look you desire to have. However, there are some important things you should know for you to get the best from them when shaving. In this article, you will learn how they work and how to maintain your beards. The article covers a lot.
Are trimmers good for skin?
A hair trimmer has the following advantages
- Trimmers are friendly to your skin– Unlike razors, trimmers prevents razor burns and accidental cuts when shaving.
- Facial hairs– Most trimmers come with adjustable blades which allow you to adjust your facial hair. They allow you to shave according to your favorite style.
- Multipurpose– Unlike razors, trimmers can be used on any part of your body. This is because, unlike razors, these ones will not hurt your skin or make you uncomfortable.
- Wet shaving– Most of them allow you to use shaving creams which is a very important feature, especially for those with sensitive skin.
How do I shave my face without getting bumps?
- Clean you face to get rid of sweat and oils.
- Apply a moisturizer or shaving cream and allow it to settle on the skin for one minute. This makes your skin to be soft to give you a comfortable shave.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up hair follicles for easy shaving.
- Now you can start shaving
- It is advisable to shave with the grain and to use short stokes if you want to get a close shave. Short strokes prevent you from applying pressure which can cause irritation, especially to people with sensitive skin.
- Rinse the blade after shaving
How do I maintain a beard?
Being a beards man is a nice thing but taking care of the beards is always a challenge to some people. If you want to keep your beards attractive and healthy, you need to follow the following tips.
- Wash the beards using a natural shampoo – It is recommended to clean your beards with a shampoo at least three times in a week. This ensures that your beards are clean and prevents the build-up of sweat or excess oils. Look for a shampoo that is made from natural ingredients to prevent irritation.
- Ensure the beard are hydrated – It is good to use beard oils to make the beard shiny and soft. Oils also help to moisturize the skin below the beards. This prevents flakes and itchiness. Do you know how to apply beard oils? Use the following procedure.
- Pour a few drops on your hand
- Massage the beards from the base
- Move your hands through the beards until you reach the tip of the hair. Spread the oils evenly across the beards.
- Do this once per day or at least 3 times a week.
- Trim your beard– You can use a beard trimmer or scissors to keep them in shape. A trimmer is better since it allows you to shave according to the contours of your face. This ensures that you will get a close and uniform shave. You also spend less time compared to when you are using a razor blade or scissors.
Which trimmer is best for beard?
One of the best beard trimmers you can find today is the Philips Norelco 5100. This trimmer allows both cordless and corded use. This means you can use it anywhere. Another thing about it is that it is 100% waterproof and allows you to shave even in the bathroom. Apart from that, it uses a Lithium-Ion battery which gives you about 70 minutes when fully charged. It takes just an hour to be completely charged. Unlike others, it has 17 adjustable lengths settings and comes with an advanced dynamic beard guide system.
How do you shave without shaving cream?
Most people enjoy use of shaving creams because they make your skin soft and ensure you get a smooth a closer shave. However, you may run out of shaving cream and you want to shave. Is it possible to shave without shaving gels? All you need to do is to follow the following steps.
- First, prepare the area you want to shave using a wet cloth or towel.
- Apply a few drops of hair conditioner just the way you use shaving cream.
- You can now start shaving using a trimmer or razor. It is good to rinse the razor first the same you do when using shaving cream.
- Use a wet cloth to remove the hair conditioner left on the skin. Wipe your face with a dry towel.
It is my hope that after reading the article, now you know how to use a trimmer. You have also learned some important tips on how to maintain your beards. If you have been experiencing razor bumps after shaving, you have learned how you can prevent this next time you are using a trimmer. All you need to do now is to implement all the tips to improve your shaving experience.