Skin irritations and razor burns often occur from using electric shavers. This is nevertheless more pronounced and frequent in people who are frequently shaving with razor blades. Several factors could be responsible for this when using electric shavers. The most important factors that may cause burns and irritations should be tackled to prevent this. This article will focus on these factors, and how to prevent irritations and burns from electric shavers by tackling these causes.
Your electric shaver may be bad, get a good one
No matter how good you are, no matter how much experience you have with using electric shavers, nothing compares to a good shaver. Your shaver may be the cause of irritations and burns and simply changing it may be the magic you need. A little search online for electric shaver reviews will show you the best shavers you can get.
Still, on your shaver, remember that your electric shaver needs proper maintenance and should be in a good condition. This implies replacing blunt blades and worn-out foils, enough lubrication for the foils and blades and thorough cleaning after each use. You should also ensure you have enough battery power as this will affect the performance of your shaver. Pulling and forcing your hair may result in irritations to the skin.
Prepare the hair properly for shaving
Do you just grab the shaver and just shave? Stop doing that, it may be the reason why you’re getting those burns and irritations. No matter how you prefer to shave, whether dry or wet, there are always things to should normally do before shaving.
Most people prefer dry shaving, it is better when you apply a pre-shave powder lotion before shaving. This goes a long way to help in absorbing moisture and skin oil resulting in a closer and more comfortable shave.
If you’d like to wet-shave, you may want to use enough warm water and a quality shaving cream before doing this. It is a good way to avoid skin irritations and burns from electric shavers.
How are you shaving?
Seems funny? But shaving with the wrong technique may be the cause of that irritation and burns. So, how do you shave properly?
Don’t be tempted to apply more pressure. A lot of men do this, but it’s bad. Always start shaving from the most sensitive areas. This includes the neck and under the ears, this way you’d get a perfect shave since you’d be more patient and thorough at the initial stages.
Also, reduce the number of passes you make over a certain area. Repeating the razor over a particular area may expose the area to burns and irritation. Do not be found doing this as it is one of the bad shaving techniques that can cause burns and skin irritations.
How do you do your post-shave treatment?
The first thing you should do after shaving is washing your face with cold water. It will calm the skin pores and clean traces of lotions and powders applied before shaving. After this, you can then pat dry your face with a towel and apply an aftershave. This stage is crucial if you are thinking of how to prevent irritations and burns from electric shavers.
Many men feel like they shouldn’t use after shave since they are using an electric shaver, how wrong could that be. Rather, use an alcohol-free, moisturizing aftershave with a soothing effect. Avoid highly-scented aftershave products and apply gently and sparingly on your face.
One other thing to remember is to avoid warm water touching your face after shaving. Also, do not be tempted to rub your face immediately after shaving. Going against any of these unwritten rules may result in you getting irritations and burns from shaving. You don’t want that redness and swelling, so be sure to do things right.
Start with getting the right electric shaver and then follow all these guidelines. If you do, those are the best guides on how to prevent irritations and burns from electric shavers.
Ultimate Guide to Electric Shaving
Have you ever used an electric shaver, razor or trimmer? In the recent days, electric shaving has become popular. Unlike the past, today there are different types of electric shavers which you can use for your grooming needs. However, not everyone who knows how to get a clean and smooth shave with these shavers. If you are one of those who have never used an electric shaver or maybe you have some difficulties in shaving, you need to read this article. It covers everything you would like to know on how you can get a smooth shave without irritation.
How do you get a clean shave without irritation?
One of the major problems faced by men when shaving is on how to get a clean and a smooth shave. As we all know, electric shaving may cause irritation especially if you have a sensitive skin. However, it is very easy to get a clean shave. Are you ready to learn how? Check out the following tips.
- Shave at least 30 minutes from the time you wake up. This makes shaving to be smooth because the hair will already be facing up instead of lying on the skin.
- Moisten your face using warm water to allow follicles to open up. You can also dip a towel in warm water and then use it on your face. Use soap to remove oils and debris from the skin.
- Use a shaving cream to soften your skin.
- The blades of the shaver or trimmer should be very sharp to prevent tugging or pulling.
- Apply a moisturizer after shaving to make your skin soft.
How do you shave for the first time?
Have you ever used an electric razor? If you are using it for the first time, you need to follow the following procedure to prevent irritation.
- Prepare your skin first– Electric razors are not 100% safe since the blades are usually sharp and might cause irritation or razor burns. This is why it is recommendable to wash your face first to soften the hairs.
- Blade– Ensure you are using a sharp blade to minimize pressure when shaving. To achieve this, it is god to change the blades frequently.
- Do not push– Avoid use of excessive force when shaving. This might result to accidental cuts or razor burns.
- Shave according to the direction in which your hair is growing.
- When shaving the first time, use short and slow strokes.
- Straighten the skin when shaving especially around the neck or around the jawline.
- Apply a moisturizer after shaving.
How can a black man shave without getting razor bumps?
Razor bumps looks like pimples and usually develops on the skin after shaving. Black men normally get razor bumps when shaving unlike their white counterparts. One of the major reasons for this is because they have course and curly hair which tends to be ingrown. Razor bumps may cause irritation or inflammation especially if you continue shaving even after the razor bumps have developed. If you have been experiencing this, it is advisable to follow the following guidelines when shaving.
- Stop shaving too close to the skin. Look for a shaver which can trim hairs at least 1mm from the skin surface.
- Shave towards the direction where the hair grows. Avoid shaving against the grain as it may cause tugging and increase chance of razor bumps.
- Wash your face with warm water before shaving. This is important because it softens the hair to give you a smooth shaving.
- Prepare your skin using a shaving cream or gel.
- Use a moisturizer on your skin after shaving to soften the skin.
- Avoid shaving if you already have razor bumps until they heal completely.
As we have seen, electric shaving can be very enjoyable especially when done in the right way. If you are using an electric shaver or razor for the first time, it may not be easy to get a smooth shave. However, if you follow the above guidelines, you will experience a wonderful experience with electric shavers. If you are a black man and may be you might be experiencing razor bumps after shaving, it is my hope that from now this will be a thing of the past. Have you learned something? It is my hope you have. Make sure you implement all the above tips when shaving.