Keeping long beards in the right shape is a bit hard if you don’t have the right tools. You not only need a trimmer but you need the best beard trimmer for long beards. There are many brands on the market. For that reason, you need to be very careful to ensure that you buy the right trimmer to suit your beards trimming needs.
There are several factors you need to consider when buying a beard trimmer. Some of the factors include the battery specifications, attachments included, versatility of the trimmer, among others. To avoid the hassle of finding the right trimmer for long beards, we cover here the best-selling top-rated trimmers you can use to trim or shave long beards.
10 Best Beard Trimmer for Long Beards comparison chart
|Runtime Between Charges
|Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+ Beard Trimmer for Men, Model 9818
|Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit, QG3364/49
|Panasonic Cordless Men's Beard Trimmer With Precision Dial , ER-GB40-S (Blue)
|Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
|Philips Norelco Vacuum Beard Trimmer Series 7200, BT7215/49
|Panasonic Body and Beard Trimmer for Men ER-GB80-S
|Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion Plus, Model 9864SS
|Remington PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit, Beard Trimmer
|hilips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 5100, BT5210/42
|Panasonic Beard Trimmer for Men ER-SB40-K
Top-rated beard trimmers for long beards
1. Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+ Beard Trimmer for Men
Wahl Stainless Steel Beard Trimmer for Men is one of the best trimmers you can get on the market today. The beard trimmer features self-sharpening precision blades that are ideal for cutting long, short and any type of hair. On top of that, the device features a complete grooming system suitable for hair clipping, detail shaving, sideburns styling, and face grooming.
More so, the trimmer features a long-lasting rechargeable battery. Further, the device is well designed for easy handling while you are grooming. Furthermore, Wahl Beard trimmer for men features a smart LED charge status indicator light. It is the beard trimmer you need for styling or shaving your long beards.
2. Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit
If you are looking for an all in one grooming kit, Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 is what you have been looking for. This amazing trimmer features seven unique attachments to allow you to get the look you desire on your face and head. The accessories include a full-size metal trimmer, mini foil shaver, nose trimmer, stubble comb, beard comb, hair comb, detail trimmers among others.
Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 comes with chromium self-sharpening blades that are well designed to do a thorough job. The blades’ tips are well designed not to irritate your skin. With an 18 built-in length and dual-speed settings, the device is ideal for short, long, soft as well as thick hair. Another important thing you need to know about this beard trimming machine is that it is fully washable.
3. Panasonic Cordless Men’s Beard Trimmer – ER-GB40-S
This is one of the most advanced beards and mustache trimmer on the market today. The device features durable and 45-degree angle stainless-steel blades that cut quickly and efficiently. On top of that, the device features an adjustable beard trimmer dial that offers 19 precision settings for trimming, detailing, cutting as well as sculpting.
Furthermore, the best beard trimmer for long beards features an ergonomic and rubberized grip handle for easy handling when grooming. Also, the cordless trimmer comes with a durable rechargeable battery that lasts up to 50 minutes. As a result, Panasonic Cordless Beard and Mustache Trimmer – ER-GB40-S is a perfect option to carry when you travel.
4. Wahl Professionals 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip
If you are looking for a stylish trimmer for long beards, 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip is what you are looking for. This trimmer features zero-overlap 2161 blades that offer excellent performance. This clipper delivers sharp performance thanks to its superior speed as well as long-running battery.
On top of having a powerful lithium-ion battery, this clipper has accessories that make it the best clipper for men. These accessories include eight attachment combs, lubricating oil, red blade guard, recharging transformer, cleaning brush as well as user’s guide. The trimmer is multifunctional as you can use it on the face and head.
If you want to groom and feel confident every day, you need to try this fantastic Vacuum Beard Trimmer Series 7200. The trimming device features self-sharpening steel blades for comfortable and precise trimming. Also, the device features a vacuum system that that catches cut hair. This ensures that you don’t mess when trimming your beards.
Furthermore, Philips Norelco Vacuum Beard Trimmer Series 7200 features innovative lift and trim technology that ensures even shave with fewer strokes. With 20 precision length settings and precision trimmer setting, you can get a detailed style of your choice. The device can be corded or cordless and features a battery indicator.
If you are looking for a trimmer that helps you maintain your look and style, Panasonic ER-GB80-S is right for you. It is one of the most advanced beard trimmers for long beards as it features a quick-adjust trimmer dial that provides 39 precision settings. Its super-sharp 45-degree angle stainless steel blades cut your long beards quickly and cleanly.
The device features a long-running battery, but for extended use, you can connect it to a power source while using it. On top of that, this trimmer for long beards comes with three combs for body grooming, hair clipping and facial trimming. Panasonic ER-GB80-S is washable, and you should clean it using running water.
7. Stainless Steel Lithium Ion Plus – Beard Trimmer and Shaver for Men by Wahl
Wahl is a top manufacturer of reliable beard trimmers as well as shavers. This device by Wahl comes with exceptional features and accessories. The device comes with self-sharpening precision blades suitable for cutting all hair types and length.
The trimming device features 12 guide combs, wide T-blade trimmers, detail trimmer head, dual shaver head, rotary ear/nose head among others. With a long-running Lithium-Ion battery, you can use this best beard trimmer for long beards anywhere even when you travel.
8. Remington PG6025 All-in-1 Lithium Powered Beard Trimmer
We know that you like a simple trimmer that you can use almost anywhere. Remington PG6025 All-in-1 is an excellent trimming tool you can use for your long beards. It comes with 14 settings ideal for all your grooming needs. On top of that, its self-sharpening surgical steel blades make it a perfect choice for cutting all types of hair. With a reliable lithium battery, Remington PG6025 All-in-1 can be used for up to 70 minutes. The trimmer comes with a pouch hence ideal for travel.
If you have long beards like me, you need a beard trimmer for long beards that lifts and guides the hair to the blade for a more efficient cut. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 5100 is a good choice as it features an innovative lift and trim technology. On top of that, the device features a zoom wheel that adjusts the 17 built-in length settings.
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 5100 comes with a durable battery that can last for more than 70 minutes after a 1-hour charge. Furthermore, this beard trimmer features durable stainless steel blades well designed for effectively cutting hair preventing skin irritation. You can clean it with running water after use as it is fully washable.
This is another best beard trimmer for long beards by Panasonic. It features ultra-sharp stainless steel hypoallergenic blades that capture and cut hair quickly and neatly. With a 19 precision length settings, this device is suitable for personalized trimming, cutting, detailing and even sculpting.
On top of that, the device can be used in the bathroom as it is wet/dry convenience. Panasonic Beard Trimmer for Men ER-SB40-K features a well-designed ergonomic rubberized handle for easy handling while trimming your beards or hair. It also installs a long-lasting battery with an option of using a direct power source.
Things to Consider before buying the best beard trimmers for long beards
There are many factors you need to consider before purchasing a quality beard trimmer for long beards. These factors will help you buy the right trimmer to suit your style and hair. Here are the things you need to consider;
- Features and technology – It is always advisable to go for an advanced trimmer if you want to buy the best beard trimmer. You need to consider the features of a trimmer such as the blades and length adjustment of the trimmer. When it comes to technology, some trimmers come with innovative technology that lifts and cuts the hair. It is a good option for even trim. In short, consider a trimmer with advanced features as well as technology.
- Corded vs cordless – If you like travelling, it is important to go for a cordless trimmer for long beards. Corded trimmers require a direct power source, and you may not always be in a place with a power source. For that reason, it is advisable to buy a cord/cordless device with a long-running battery.
- Attachments – You must consider the number of attachments a trimmer comes with. The best beard trimmer for long beards should come with adjustable combs, lubricating oil, different knife sizes, among others.
- Engine and make – If you want to trim your long beards in the right way, you need a trimmer with a powerful engine. On top of that, you need to consider the material used to make the trimmer. You can either choose stainless steel or hard plastic-made trimmers. They are durable. However, stainless steel trimmers are a bit expensive.
- Handling – You should always buy a trimmer that comes with an ergonomically designed handle. This ensures that you can easily use it while grooming. On top of that, consider the weight of the machine. Lightweight trimmers are ideal for trimming and shaving.
How can you find the ideal product yourself?
People are different and have different preferences when it comes to beard trimming. For that reason, you should look for an ideal product that can address all your beard and hair trimming needs. Below are points that can help you find an ideal trimmer for yourself.
- Know your style and type of beard – If you want to trim your beard and get a personalized style, you need to look for a trimmer with sharp blades and more attachments. Attachments such as exchangeable blade guards, adjusting length gauge, and detail trimmer, among others, allows for personalized trimming and shaving.
- Consider engine and material used – If you have long, thick beards, you need a powerful trimmer with adjustable speed settings. On top of that, if you need a durable trimmer, you should go for hard plastic or stainless-steel-made trimmers.
- Battery life – If you like travelling, you need a trimmer with a reliable battery. Trimmers with lithium-ion batteries are considered the best. However, you should pick a trimmer with a battery life of more than 70 minutes after a 1-hour charge.
- Size and weight matter – Depending on your strength, you should pick a trimmer that you can handle easily. Buy a trimmer that is light in weight and has a good grip on the handle. This allows you to use it comfortably while you trim or shave your beards.
My advice is to look for the material of the trimmer
If you want to buy the best beard trimmer for long beards, you need to consider the materials used to make it. You should buy a trimmer made of durable materials. Stainless steel and hard plastic trimmers are durable. However, stainless steel-made trimmers for long beards are not light, and they are pricy. But if you can afford and be able to use a stainless-steel-made trimmer, it is more durable than that made of hard plastic.
Beard Trimmers vs. Hair Clippers
Hair clippers and beard trimmers are close relatives in the personal care industry. However, they have significant differences. Hair clippers come with large knives that cut hair but not close to the skin surface or scalp. Mostly, they are used to prepare hair or long beards for smoother trimming or shaving. On top of that, they have large guides and blades.
On the other hand, beard trimmers have smaller knives that cut hair close to the skin. They are highly suitable for detailing and even trim.
The above information will help you buy the best beard trimmers for long beards. It is important to note that people have different preferences when it comes to beard and hair trimming. For that reason, you need to buy a trimmer that is ideal for your beard and hair trimming needs. You can pick any of the above list trimmers or use the information to buy a beard trimmer of your choice.