Have you ever used a trimmer? This article will guide you on what you should consider when trimming. You will also learn how to shave different parts of your body using a trimmer. If you have been searching for the best trimmer, you will find it in this article. Are you ready to learn? Let us start with how to shave your legs using an electric razor.
How do you shave your legs with an electric razor?
A manual razor will give you a closer shave unlike an electric shaver when shaving your legs. However, it may not be comfortable with when you are using an electric shaver. If you want to get a close and comfortable shave, you need to follow the following tips.
- Wash your legs with warm and soapy water. Dry them using a towel after washing. This helps to soften the hair to give you a comfortable shave.
- Shave upwards from the ankle towards the thigh using circular movements.
- Wipe your legs with a clean towel
- Apply a moisturizer to heal the skin.
How do I shave my neck with an electric razor?
One of the most sensitive parts when it comes to shaving is the neck. If you are not keen, shaving the neck may irritate. It is very easy to leave some stray hairs on your skin when shaving this part. Here are some tips you should follow when shaving the neck area.
- Start with the neck when shaving– Electric razors may cause irritation when shaving sensitive areas such as the neck. Due to this, it is advisable to start with the neck before shaving other parts. This part also requires a lot of attention and you need to be very patient when shaving.
- Use a powder or lotion – A shaving lotion or powder softens the skin which makes it easy to shave without irritation. It also makes hairs to stand for easy trimming. Apart from that, it provides a layer of lubrication to the skin to give you a smooth shaving.
- Shave frequently – It is not easy to trim long hairs and in some cases, you might experience tugging of hairs when shaving. Hairs tend to lay flat on the neck than on any other part which makes it hard to shave if you do not do this regularly.
- You will always find that hairs grow in different directions around the neck. To make it easier to shave, always ensure that you are shaving against the grain to prevent irritation.
- Use long strokes when cutting large areas where hairs grow in the sham direction. You can use shorter strokes when shaving around the jawline. It is good to adjust the direction and angle of your shaver or razor.
- Always apply a hydrating balm after shaving to heal the skin.
Which is the best beard trimmer?
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
One of the best trimmers you can consider today is the Wahl 9818 Lithium Ion beard trimmer. It is made of stainless steel and comes with self-sharpening blades. It is very powerful unlike most of its competitors. One of the best things about this trimmer is that it is comfortable and trims without pulling. Apart from that, it comes with three detachable blades which are durable. There is the precision T-blade, the detail shaver which you can use for outlining and the nose/eyebrow/ ear trimmer. Unlike others, it comes with 12 guide combs which allow you to adjust according to the size of beard you want to trim. The battery runs up to four hours when fully charge and the trimmer also contains a one-minute quick charge feature. However, it is more costly than the others but it comes with a 5-year warranty to guarantee quality. It has everything you would expect from a quality trimmer and provides the best performance as compared to other trimmers.
How do you use a beard trimmer?
Use the following tips when trimming your beards using a trimmer.
- Comb your hair toward the direction in which your hairs are growing- Ensure the hairs are at their maximum height and then decide the style and length in which you want your beards to appear.
- Use a trimmer guard according to your preferred length.
- Turn on the trimmer and start under the chin then shave your jawbone. Shave towards your ears and then the upper beards using upward movements. Set the trimmer guard in such a way that allows it to move according to the shape of your face.
- Remove the trimmer guard attachment and then shave vertically as the blade face towards your direction.
- If you want to get a closer shave, remove the guard attachment.
- Apply a moisturizer after shaving.
Is it okay to shave against the grain?
Shaving against the grain ensures that the hair is cut closely to the skin. This allows you to get a close and comfortable shave unlike when shaving with the grain. However, it increases chances of getting nicks and cuts and it is not recommended for those have sensitive skin.
How does a foil shaver attachment work?
This one is only compatible with butterfly and bald eagle shavers. It is perfect for shaving chin, under the arm, behind the knees and bikini areas. It works by producing subtle vibrations which lift the hairs from the skin for easy shaving. The best thing with foil shaver attachments is that they shave without pulling.
I hope that now you know how to use an electric trimmer. If you follow all the above tips, you will not experience any problem when shaving. Make sure you are using a quality trimmer to avoid irritation.